House in Kuranda QLD 4881Listed January 2020
This rare property is positioned in one of the most stunning locations in North Queensland. Featured on the 'Queensland Weekender' television program, the prestigious four bedroom home not only has panoramic views that capture the dazzling river waters and many hued mountains beyond but also absolute Barron River frontage. Paved steps lead to the river where there is direct access to swimming and canoeing. Set on 2.06 hectares, the property has long been known to locals as "the million-dollar mansion".
The home itself has vast airy living areas with 8m ceilings, all leading to the expansive verandas. The bespoke design features display impressive attention to detail; every beam is hand crafted, walls are sand bagged, the large walk in wine cellar is temperature-controlled, the helipad driveway hand-paved. The best hickory, white beech, red cedar and kauri timbers line the rooms. Demonstrating its versatility, the property has been enjoyed both as a family home and by guests at the boutique Grand Barron Lodge, rated by booking.com at 9.7.
Most of all, the property is all about location. The tranquillity, absolute privacy and beauty of the river call you to come and inspect. If you are looking for an idyllic lifestyle location where you can sit on your generous veranda and watch amazing sunsets, you will love living here. If you thought that it was no longer possible to find paradise on earth, think again!
• 550m2 under roof
• 4 oversized bedrooms, 3 bathrooms
• Self-contained master suite with walk in wardrobe, jacuzzi, in-ground safe and private veranda • Built on the river bend, the kitchen features views both up and down river
• Passive solar energy efficiency
• Granite fireplace
• Deep bore with unlimited water supply
• Well-appointed established gardens
• Council approved bed and breakfast venue
• Close to private and state schools
• 45 minutes to Cairns International airport
- Dinning Room
- Car Port
- Car Spaces